Secondary Summer Academy 2014
June 25 through August 1
Offering courses in Credit Retrieval, Online Health, Life Fitness and
Accelerated Math at:
Canyon Park Junior High School
23723 23rd Avenue SE
Bothell, WA 98021
Credit Retrieval Courses (grades 9 - 12)See the Secondary Summer School Calendar for scheduled days/make-up days if applicableSession 1
: 8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Session 2
: 10:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Computer Lab: TBA Online Health Course (grades 9-12)Requires one mandatory in class meeting with teacher; all other coursework completed online.
Mandatory meeting will be June 25, 10:00-11:00 a.m., speciﬁc room TBD.
Classes meet Monday – Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.Please note: Prior to registering for Accelerated Math classes, students and parents should read and follow the guidelines on the Secondary Academics/Accelerated Math Options page.
- No class on Thursday and Friday, July 3-4. Enjoy the long weekend. See individual course descriptions for make-up days, if required.
- Secondary Summer Academy (SSA) has been restructured to better meet the needs of our students.
- All classes will be held at Canyon Park Junior High.
- SSA will offer Credit Retrieval courses in math, science, social studies, English, and Life Fitness. Additional courses include Online Health and Life Fitness. Accelerated Math classes are offered in Algebra 1, Geometry and 8th grade math. See course descriptions for prerequisites if applicable.
- Courses are a hybrid model of direct teaching and online student work.
- Students should register in the grade they completed as of June 2014.
- Course information is subject to change. Program updates and changes will be listed in red on the course description pages.